Dorothy Day Place
St. Paul, Minnesota
Architect of Record
Higher Ground St. Paul Complex: 111,000 square feet (opened in 2017; Dorothy Day Residence & Opportunity Center: 169,000 square feet (opened in 2019); buildings are connected by an over-street skyway
- Owner: Catholic Charities of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- An integrated two-building campus designed to prevent and end homelessness by focusing on three components: dignified shelter, permanent homes and dedicated services creates pathways to opportunities. The campus provides services each day to more than 1,000 people.
- Higher Ground St. Paul: each night offers more than 500 people experiencing homelessness permanent homes, dignified shelter and pathways to opportunities.
- Dorothy Day Residence & Opportunity Center: provides 177 units of housing and resources for those at risk of becoming homeless or those working to move out of homelessness.
- Minnesota B3 project with SB2030 energy performance